The initiative, part of the campaign's People of Faith Conversation Drive, is currently running five times a week between now and election day. It runs parallel to a similar program entitled Lutherans Calling Lutherans.
Sabrina Mauritz, Faith Organizer with Minnesotans United for All Families, notes that: "We are calling identified Catholics and Lutherans across Minnesota whom we believe are undecided on the amendment. Many voters who are still undecided are wrestling with concerns about religion. As a person of faith, YOU can be the person to reach these voters and help them see a path to vote NO."
A basic training in respectful conversations, including specific tips on speaking about the 'marriage amendment,' is offered to newcomers at each session.
Following is the schedule for the Catholics Calling Catholics initiative.
• Mondays, 6:00-9:00 p.m. – Grace University Lutheran Church (324 Harvard St, Minneapolis 55414) Parking Lot AA is available across Harvard Street from church for free, no permit needed.
• Tuesdays, 6:00-9:00 p.m. – Lutheran Church of the Redeemer (285 North Dale St, St. Paul 55103)
• Wednesdays, 6:00-9:00 p.m. – Macalester Plymouth United Church (1658 Lincoln Ave, St. Paul 55105)
• Thursdays, 6:00-9:00 p.m. – Edina Community Lutheran Church (4113 West 54th St, Minneapolis 55424). NOTE: On Thursday, October 4, the venue will be Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (2730 East 31st St., Minneapolis)
• Saturdays, 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. – Luther Seminary, Northwestern Hall (1501 Fullham St, St. Paul 55108)
See also the previous Sensus Fidelium posts:
A Catholic Q&A on the 'Marriage Amendment'
Shall We Talk About the 'Marriage Amendment'?
Why Catholics Can Vote 'No'
The Marriage Amendment
Celebrate Marriage Equality for All
Catholic Family with Lesbian Sister Weighs Marriage Amendment
C4ME-MN Spreads the 'Vote No' Message at Twin Cities Pride
Can "True Catholics' Support Same-Sex Marriage?
Marriage Amendment Not In Best Interest of Children and Families
"This is the Living Word"
Theological Considerations Behind Opposition to the Proposed Minnesota 'Marriage Amendment'
A Catholic Case for Same-Sex Marriage
Archbishop Just One of Many Catholic Voices in Gay Marriage Debate
A Prayer for Archbishop Nienstedt